When I think fresh tomatoes, I always find myself thinking of salsa! Spicy, tangy and delicious served beside grilled chicken or beef, as a dip with Tostito chips, on top of tacos and more. In fact I think just about everyone is a Salsa connoisseur, having at least one Salsa they particularly enjoy. This simple tomato salsa is easy to do with garden-fresh veggies from your local farm or farmer’s market.
Yield: 5-6 pint jars
- Do not substitute vinegar for lemon juice, but you can substitute lemon juice for vinegar. Lemon juice is more acidic.
- Do not reduce the amount of lemon juice or tomatoes.
- Do not add extra peppers, onion, or garlic. You can reduce the amount of peppers, onion, or garlic.
- You can substitute one type of pepper for another. For example bell peppers, yellow peppers, banana peppers, chili peppers may all be substituted 1 for 1.
- The key is not increasing the amount of low acid ingredients in relation to the amount of high acid ingredients